Ecovery's quality, environmental, health and safety policy is to provide superior recycling services while at the same time having a positive impact on the environment through the conservation of metals, plastic and other non-renewable resources by processing electronic and non-ferrous scrap. Consistent with these core operations, it is Ecovery's overall goal to accomplish its business objectives while striving for an injury-free workplace, minimizing pollution, and providing quality products to our customers.
It is our intention to:
• Develop and maintain quality, environmental, health & safety programs that conform to the best practices within the scrap recycling industry;
• Comply with all relevant environmental, health & safety laws and regulations, including federal, state and local and other requirements;
• Comply with customer and product requirements and industry guidelines;
• Prevent workplace injuries by providing a safe environment for employees, contractors and visitors in our fixed facility;
• Investigate any workplace accidents, illnesses and near-misses, and promptly correct any unsafe condition or practice;
• Promote prevention of pollution in our operation;
• Work with our suppliers, customers and contractors to fulfill our environmental, health & safety goals;
• Continually improve our quality, environmental, and health & safety programs and resulting performance;
• Involve the Reuse, Recycle, and Recover policy in all aspects of the processes we use everyday;
• Perform due diligence of our downsteam vendors to comply with all environmental, health, and safety requirements;
• Recognize Focus Materials, and the need to manage the flow of these items from receiving to end-of-life;
• Continuously train employees to improve how Focus materials are handled and processed.
We recognize that the responsibilities for quality, environment, health & safety are shared, requiring cooperation, not only between employees and their supervisors, but among and between all those who assume the various roles within the company.
Ecovery will continually improve its QEH&S system and performance. This will include the setting of QEH&S goals, taking into consideration our QEH&S footprint and our business, financial, operational and legal requirements as well as the views of interested parties.